I’m certified as a French-to-English translator by the American Translators Association and hold a Ph.D. in French from Columbia University. I specialize in art and culture, marketing and advertising, and journalism and literature. Previous positions include in-house translator for ARTINFO.com and New York correspondent for the French art newspaper Le Journal des Arts. I’m also past program director of the New York Circle of Translators and a member of the American Literary Translators Association, the Translation Committee of the PEN American Center, and the Author’s Guild. Recent projects include:
Art and culture:
- Introduction to the catalogue raisonné of painter Amédée Ozenfant and artist biography.
- 1878 catalogue of a Paris exhibition of Judaica.
- Swiss government documents regarding provenance of artworks.
- Curator’s statement on a photographer’s work.
- Articles from c. 1900 on a French artist.
- Reports on French art fairs (FIAC, Paris Photo, Les Rencontres d’Arles).
- Yves Saint Laurent, a biography by Laurence Benaïm (Rizzoli, forthcoming).
- Vino Business, an exposé of the French wine industry by French journalist Isabelle Saporta (Grove Atlantic, 2015).
- Updated edition of Bordeaux, Legendary Wines by Michel Dovaz (Assouline, 2014).
Advertising and Marketing:
- Social media posts, newsletters, and website materials for French luxury brands.